Mat-Tech Development & Testing (DAT) develops the best joining solution for your product. We push the boundaries of possibilities and we apply our expertise and knowledge throughout the development process and offer our technical advice for all your applications. Whether it is to improve an existing product, to reduce outages or to extend the scope of your product, we look for the right solution and test the joint based on your strict requirements set for the product.
Mat-Tech Development & Testing (DAT) was founded on knowledge and a wealth of experience through academic research in the fields of material science, chemical and mechanical engineering. We look beyond what our customers require today and we are actively engaged in developing new technologies, production processes and joining materials for the future. This is as part of our continuous improvement process, and leading the way to providing solutions to your problems. This not only has resulted in patented solutions but mainly aims to reduce the time to market for you as a customer where you have a problem.
Some examples of innovative products and processes both current and in the past include:
- Alternative lead-free solder material with lower melting temperature for electronic applications
- Low temperature soldering with relatively high temperature resistance (TLB)
- High temperature diffusion bonding of difficult to connect metals
- Fluxless soldering of various metals and ceramics
We are a competent and willing discussion partner for the themes below, who can certainly help you further:
- Technical developments
In the technical area, our innovative power is underpinned by the collaboration within Mat-Tech Development & Testing (DAT) team comprised of senior and associate researchers and also further with national and international technical and research networks.
- Economical developments
We recognize numerous developments in the economic field including:
- Miniaturization (smaller products with more functionalities)
- Energy consumption saving (from the manufacturing stage throughout the lifetime of products)
- Reducing the use of environmentally harmful substances (for example RoHS)
- Weight reduction (thinner constructions with stronger materials)
- Improving service life expectancy of products (quality)